Home Remedies for Constipation
Constipation is a common problem that many people go through worldwide. It has been estimated that about 20 percent of Americans undergo this problem which involves 8 million visits to the doctor every year. However, the reason that leads to chronic constipation is still not known to people. This condition is known as the chronic idiopathic constipation. You may call it constipation when your bowel movements are less than three times in a week. Other unpleasant symptoms may also come along such as discomfort when using the washroom, pain caused by hard and dry stools, abdominal bloating, etc.
Many may not be aware but constipation can take a toll on your quality of life along with mental and physical health. Though doctors may prescribe medications for treating this condition, there are several natural ways through which you can get relief from constipation. The best part about it is that you can do it in the comfort of your home. Some of these home remedies are mentioned below in detail.
Sesame seeds have an oily composition which works well in moisturizing the large intestine, helping the dry stools to pass smoothly. You can add these seeds to you salads or cereals, or even sprinkle on your food in the form of a seasoning after grinding it. The Chinese and Amish folk healers used to prefer this remedy for treating constipation.
Consuming a tablespoon of molasses would help in easing your constipation. Blackstrap molasses needs to be concentrated three times through boiling in order to make it work. It contains minerals, magnesium, and vitamins that help in the process of relieving constipation.
Fibre helps in scrubbing food, cleaning the pipe, and removing waste materials from the digestive tract. Try to consume about 20 to 35 grams of fibre regularly. Some of the foods that are rich in fibre are beans, lentils, cereals, many vegetables, barley, dried and fresh fruits. It is also important for you to drink more water to make your stool soft.
Avocados, nuts, and olive oil have a lot of healthy fats that help in lubricating the intestines to ease your constipation. All you need is a salad having fibre-rich greens with a mild olive oil dressing, and some nuts. Healthy fats are also important for the normal body functions and should be consumed to remain healthy.
Ginger or Mint Tea
Ginger and mint are both extremely useful for improving digestive problems. It helps in relaxing the digestive tract. Ginger is known to be a warming herb which can generate more amount of heat in the body. The hot water of the tea is stimulating for effective digestion. Dandelion tea can also be a very useful detoxifier and laxative.
Lemon contains citric acid which acts as a stimulant to the digestive system, helping remove toxins out of the body. Try to add lemon juice in a glass of water and drink every day. You can also add lemon to your tea for treating constipation.
Health Information Articles
- Discovery Of Thyroid Cancer Gene
- How to Deal With Chronic Heartburn
- Cancer Vaccines and Cure
- Aggressive Treatments Are Best For High Blood Pressure
- Home Remedies For Fistula in Mouth
- Molecules Can Cause Weight Gain during Middle Age, Scientists Say
- Chocolate Can Be Helpful in Preventing Irregular Heartbeat
- Preventive Measures for Dental Caries
- What is Plague Psoriasis?
- Common Painkillers May Increase Risk of Cardiac Arrest
- Exploding Head Syndrome: Seeing Light, Hearing Crashes
- Antipsychotic Medication Haloperidol
- Common Discomforts During Pregnancy And Their Way-Outs!
- Home Remedies for Obesity
- Drugs for Common Form of Vision Loss
- Cancer Cases Linked to Weight in US
- What Is Meant By Dementia?
- Combat Cold and Flu This Year
- Natural Treatment For Goose Egg
- Foreign Accent Syndrome
- ADHD in Adults and Dementia
- Abdominal Bloating
- How to Get a Fast Neck Pain Relief at Home
- Swine Flu
- Now Remove The Face Fat Easily!
- How to Treat Migraines?
- Chronic Dry Eye
- Anti-epileptic Medication Keppra
- Home Remedies for Constipation
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Naprosyn: Drug Uses, Dosage & Side Effects
- How To Get Rid Of Chafing Naturally!
- Back Pain Or A Sciatica Pain?
- Crohn’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- What Does Aspirin Do?
- Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva
- Keep A Check On Your Cholesterol By The Following Methods!
- Natural Ways To Treat Mucocele (Mucous Cyst)
- How To Get Rid Of Clogged Ears
- Heart Strokes Among Men
- How To Get Rid Of Blisters On Face
- Common Problems Faced During the Winter Season
- Natural vs. Albuterol, What Is Best To Treat Asthma?
- Birt-Hogg-Dube Syndrome
- Effects of Domestic Violence and Inequality on Child's Mental Health
- How to Prevent High Blood Pressure?
- Home Remedies for Impetigo
- Major Branches of Pharmacology
- Home Remedies For Acid Reflux In Babies