How To Get Rid Of Clogged Ears
Just like stuffy nose, clogging of ears is a common issue faced by multiple people. The clogging of ears occurs as a result of multiple issues which include:
- Presence of too much of wax in the ear
- Presence of some water in the ear
- Sudden change in the altitude (this issue crops up while flying)
- Some form of sinus infections
- Infections to the middle ear
Clogging of ears happens with children and adults alike. And there are several simple ways to get rid of this issue.
Ways to get rid of clogged ears
- Doing the Valsalva maneuver: In this case, we tend to pop our ears. One of the easiest ways to do this is by plugging the nose & then blowing out while keeping the lips closed which will puff up the cheeks. It should be noted that the nose should not be blown too hard as it might impact the eardrum.
- Drip mineral, baby oil or olive oil: In this method, one needs to warm around 2 to 3 tbs of oil (oil can be of one’s choice) taking care that it does not heat up too much. One needs to check it by dropping the oil on the wrist or the hand and making sure that the temperature is safe and will not irritate the ear. Then, an eye dropper can be taken to put the oil in the ear. One needs to put around 2-3 drops and not more and rest, while keeping the head tilted for around 15 minutes. This will help clear any form of clog which might have formed in the ear
- Drip carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide: Peroxide needs to be mixed with warm water and it needs to be put in the ear, 2- 3 drops at one go to help clear the clog. One might experience some form of fizzing, but it would just be peroxide doing its magic.
- Use of ear drops: Ear drops can be picked up from a local pharmacy and they can be dropped in the ear, so as to take care of the clogs
- Use of a nasal spray or some oral decongestant: A nasal spray or a decongestant can be used while flying as a form of a preventative treatment. These medications are easily available over the counter.
- Using a warm steam: Take a shower with hot water or put a warm compress on the ear which will help warm the ear canal, making the wax melt, thereby clearing the clog. One needs to make sure that they are exposed to the warm material for atleast 10 minutes.
Preventive measure for ear clog
When it comes to the ear, it is one of the most delicate parts of the body. One need not stick a cotton swab every night, but it is important to clean the outside portion of the ear when washing it.
When should one see a doctor?
When one has the following, they need to visit a doctor:
- ringing sound
- hearing loss
- ear pain
The doctor might give some prescription medicine which will help get rid of the clog.
Health Information Articles
- Swine Flu
- Now Remove The Face Fat Easily!
- How to Treat Migraines?
- Chronic Dry Eye
- Anti-epileptic Medication Keppra
- Home Remedies for Constipation
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Naprosyn: Drug Uses, Dosage & Side Effects
- How To Get Rid Of Chafing Naturally!
- Back Pain Or A Sciatica Pain?
- Crohn’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- What Does Aspirin Do?
- Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva
- Keep A Check On Your Cholesterol By The Following Methods!
- Natural Ways To Treat Mucocele (Mucous Cyst)
- How To Get Rid Of Clogged Ears
- Heart Strokes Among Men
- How To Get Rid Of Blisters On Face
- Common Problems Faced During the Winter Season
- Natural vs. Albuterol, What Is Best To Treat Asthma?
- Birt-Hogg-Dube Syndrome
- Effects of Domestic Violence and Inequality on Child's Mental Health
- How to Prevent High Blood Pressure?
- Home Remedies for Impetigo
- Major Branches of Pharmacology
- Home Remedies For Acid Reflux In Babies