Preventive Measures for Dental Caries
Dental caries is one of the most common oral conditions. It can happen to anyone at any point of time. The key preventive measure for dental caries is to keep the oral cavity clean. If you maintain a proper oral hygiene, you would be able to prevent dental caries. There are some other easy preventive measures for dental caries, they are:
- Always use fluoride toothpaste
Use fluoridated toothpaste to prevent dental caries. Whenever you eat or drink anything, brush your teeth with fluoride toothpaste. If you do not brush your teeth after eating anything, you must rinse your mouth thoroughly using water.
Kids must avoid using too much of fluoridated toothpaste. Only recommended quantity of fluoride must be used by kids. You must discuss it with your dentist if you have a kid.
- Keep your oral cavity clean
Brush twice daily. Use dental floss for inter-dental cleaning. If you keep your oral cavity clean, your chances of having dental caries go to minimal.
Rinse your mouth. If your dentist feels you have a high risk of developing cavities, he or she may recommend that you use a mouth rinse with fluoride.
- Dental Sealants
People who have deep grooves and fissures are susceptible to dental caries. The deep grooves and fissures accumulate food that lead to dental caries. These people must consider the use of sealants. Dental sealants are plastic protective coating. This coating when applied to the pits, grooves and fissures, it blocks the places where food is likely to accumulate. The sealant protects the enamel of the tooth from acid and plaque.
- Drink Tap Water
Public water supplies carry fluoride and fluoride helps in preventing caries. If you drink tap water, you will get the required dose of fluoride to protect your teeth from decay.
- Eat Healthy Food
Include fresh fruits and fresh vegetables in your diet. Munching on these food items stimulate the flow of saliva. Also, unsweetened tea, coffee as well as sugar- free chewing gums help in washing away the food particles lodged in the grooves and fissures.
Whenever you eat anything, make it a point to brush your teeth thoroughly.
- Avoid beverages
There are certain beverages that attack the enamel which is the outermost protective covering of the teeth. The beverages help the bacteria present in the mouth to form more and more acid and destroy the enamel.
- Visit Your Dentist
Keep visiting your dentist regularly. Your dentist will do a thorough check- up and will recommend cleaning if required. If you have any dental issue, you dentist will treat it before the situation worsens.
- Fluoride Treatment
If you do not get the required amount of fluoride from fluoridated water, you must undergo fluoride treatment. You can take periodic fluoride treatment to prevent dental caries. Talk to your dentist about it.
- Consider Antibacterial Treatment
Your dentist best knows what is good for you. If you are prone to dental caries, your dentist might keep you on antibacterial treatment. He might prescribe you antibacterial mouth rinses and other treatment to keep you oral cavity protected from tooth decay.
Health Information Articles
- Discovery Of Thyroid Cancer Gene
- How to Deal With Chronic Heartburn
- Cancer Vaccines and Cure
- Aggressive Treatments Are Best For High Blood Pressure
- Home Remedies For Fistula in Mouth
- Molecules Can Cause Weight Gain during Middle Age, Scientists Say
- Chocolate Can Be Helpful in Preventing Irregular Heartbeat
- Preventive Measures for Dental Caries
- What is Plague Psoriasis?
- Common Painkillers May Increase Risk of Cardiac Arrest
- Exploding Head Syndrome: Seeing Light, Hearing Crashes
- Antipsychotic Medication Haloperidol
- Common Discomforts During Pregnancy And Their Way-Outs!
- Home Remedies for Obesity
- Drugs for Common Form of Vision Loss
- Cancer Cases Linked to Weight in US
- What Is Meant By Dementia?
- Combat Cold and Flu This Year
- Natural Treatment For Goose Egg
- Foreign Accent Syndrome
- ADHD in Adults and Dementia
- Abdominal Bloating
- How to Get a Fast Neck Pain Relief at Home
- Swine Flu
- Now Remove The Face Fat Easily!
- How to Treat Migraines?
- Chronic Dry Eye
- Anti-epileptic Medication Keppra
- Home Remedies for Constipation
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Naprosyn: Drug Uses, Dosage & Side Effects
- How To Get Rid Of Chafing Naturally!
- Back Pain Or A Sciatica Pain?
- Crohn’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- What Does Aspirin Do?
- Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva
- Keep A Check On Your Cholesterol By The Following Methods!
- Natural Ways To Treat Mucocele (Mucous Cyst)
- How To Get Rid Of Clogged Ears
- Heart Strokes Among Men
- How To Get Rid Of Blisters On Face
- Common Problems Faced During the Winter Season
- Natural vs. Albuterol, What Is Best To Treat Asthma?
- Birt-Hogg-Dube Syndrome
- Effects of Domestic Violence and Inequality on Child's Mental Health
- How to Prevent High Blood Pressure?
- Home Remedies for Impetigo
- Major Branches of Pharmacology
- Home Remedies For Acid Reflux In Babies