How to Get Rid of Sores in Mouth
Commonly it is a kind of ulcer inside mouth causes painful sores. Mouth sores occur on cheeks and gums. Sometimes it is found on lips, tongue and on the bottom of mouth also.
- Accidentally biting on tongue, lip or cheek etc.
- If anyone burns mouth while having much hot food or beverages
- Tissue trauma from braces, dentures etc.
- Wound because of any sharp object or bad tooth brush with sharp bristles
- Consumption of much acidic foods or drinks
- It can be caused from stress or some gastrointestinal diseases
- Hormonal changes and deficiencies of vitamin B or C or Iron and Minerals may cause mouth
- Weakened immune system it is most common cause of mouth sores during viral fever
How to get rid of Mouth Sores
Our own immune system heals mouth sores automatically with in 10-14 days. But if you find it unbearable then there are many simple ways to treat and prevent mouth sores. Some of them include:
- Putting Ice Cube to melt slowly inside mouth, it is effective for relief of pain.
- Vitamin Supplementation mainly Vitamin C , D and B complex with lysine may be taken orally
- Apply locally a paste made of baking soda and mild water
- Brush teeth gently with a toothbrush comes with super soft bristles.
- Local application of milk with a cotton swab would work perfectly well
- A mixture of 1 teaspoon of baking soda per ½ cup water for rinsing would also work
- Rinsing your mouth with saline water also effective to get cure soon. Try it for 3-4 times per day.Especially before going to bed at night.
- Gurgle with goldenseal mouth solution mixed with warm water is also found a most effective remedy of mouth sores. Uses Echinacea herbal remedy speed up healing
- Zinc lozenges may help provide relief and speed healing time for adult only
- Uses of sage and chamomile herbs in water in a infused state to wash your mouth from four to six times daily is an effective measure to treat mouth sores
- The herb Echinacea may help speed healing. It is highly antiviral
- Uses of juices or carrot, celery, and cantaloupe also found helpful
- Topical medications may be applied directly on the sore on consultation with your physician
- Intake of spicy foods or acidic foods like citrus etc may aggravate the sore, so its better to avoid those
- Avoid toothpaste or mouthwash that contains sodium lauryl sulphate it may worsen the tender condition.
- Drinking Aloe vera juice can also heal mouth sore because of its anti-inflammatory properties
- Because of the anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antifungal properties of Coriander is one of remedies to treat mouth sores. A solution can be prepared with Coriander leaves blending well with boiling water to prepare for lukewarm gurgling
- Honey with its antibacterial properties also hastens the process of new tissue growth. Applying pure and raw honey directly on the sores also help. Mixing honey with turmeric paste is more effective to get rid of it.