This is a type of medication that is used for treating premature ejaculation. It is a safe and effective way of treating the condition. The class of drugs it belongs to is Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitors (SSRI). It was originally developed to treat depression, but later was re-labelled for treating premature ejaculation when it was found that serotonin had an important effect on the ejaculatory time.
The main ingredient in this drug is dapoxetine which is a part of the SSRI family. It helps in raising the levels of serotonin which increases the nerve signal transmission and finally letting the brain have greater control over ejaculation.
Composition of priligy
The main ingredient in priligy is dapoxetine. Other inactive ingredients are:
• Titanium dioxide
• Croscarmellose sodium
• Magnesium stearate
• Iron oxide black
• Iron oxide yellow
• Silica-colloidal anhydrous
Uses of priligy
It is the only prescribed treatment that is available for treating problems in ejaculation. It has been proven clinically for its effectiveness. The amount of time before climax is improved with a single tablet. They help in improving the overall sexual performance and even results in providing greater satisfaction.
Side-effects of priligy
There are some side-effects that are associated with this drug. Everybody may not experience it, but ignoring might lead to some medical complication.
The most common side-effects are:
• Feeling sick
The common side-effects include:
• Restlessness, irritability, agitation or anxiety
• Abnormal dreams
• Difficulty sleeping (insomnia)
• Reduced sex drive
• Erectile dysfunction (impotence)
• Feeling sleepy or tired
• Blurred vision
• Sensation of needles and pins
• Sinus congestion
• Noises heard in the ears (tinnitus)
• Excessive sweating
• Increase in blood pressure
• Disturbances like vomiting, abdominal discomfort and pain, diarrhoea, indigestion, dry mouth, constipation and flatulence
Some of the uncommon side-effects are as follows:
• Teeth grinding
• Either an increased or decreased rate of heart
• Dilated pupils
• Feeling disoriented or confused
• Feeling abnormal, weak or jittery
• Fainting and dizziness
• Changes in the mood (like nervousness and depression)
Some of the rare side-effects are:
• Feeling dizzy after excreting
• Falling asleep suddenly
• An urgent need of emptying the bowels
These are not all the side-effects that might be experienced. The doctor should be consulted regarding any other crucial side-effects that are experienced by the patient.
Contraindications of priligy
Priligy must be contraindicated in patients who might have any of the following conditions:
• Hypersensitivity to dapoxetine hydrochloride or any other excipients
• Pathological cardiac conditions (like heart failure, any significant ischemic heart disease, valvular disease or conduction abnormalities)
• Any related treatment with monoamine oxidase inhibitors
• Any related treatment with thioridazine
• Any related treatment with serotonin reuptake inhibitors
• Any associated treatment with potent CYP3A4 inhibitors (like ritonavir, atazanavir, nefazodone, nelfinavir, saquinavir, telithromycin, nefazodone, itraconazole, ketoconazole etc.)
• Patients having severe or moderate hepatic impairment
Erectile Dysfunction and Premature Ejaculation
When an individual is unable to have a proper erection and perform satisfactorily in bed, it is called erectile dysfunction.
Symptoms: Due to some underlying problem, the individual might suffer from this condition. They can be either physiological or psychological. Neurological ailments, hormonal impairments and diseases can all trigger ED. Anxiety and depression may also result in the same.
The very obvious symptom is the difficulty in having and maintaining a full or a partial erection. The penis has difficulty in retaining blood in the blood chambers.
Causes: There are various causes associated with erectile dysfunction. The physiological causes are discussed below:
- Any chronic disease
- Exhaustion or fatigue before or during any sexual activity
- Excessive tobacco and/or alcohol consumption
- Kidney or liver impairment
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Certain kind of bladder or prostrate surgeries
- Radiation therapy, if it is especially performed near the genital area
- Spinal-cord or brain injuries
- Hypogonadism (it leads to lowered levels of testosterone)
- Imbalance in the hormonal levels, especially if it’s the male sex hormone
- Any type of stroke’
There are three major health ailments that directly may result in erectile dysfunction. They are:
- High blood pressure
- Atherosclerosis (a condition where the arteries and blood vessels hardens)
If the individual has depression, it may also lead to a weak erection.
Treatment: Remedies range from surgical procedures to even natural therapies that can alter the sexual function of the penis. Products that contain aphrodisiac herbal extracts like Shilajit, Kuchala, Ashwagandha, Shatavari and so on enhance the libido. Massage oils and herbal lubricants also are known for its positive effects on ED.
Kegal exercise, Pranayama, Yoga, are very useful for treating erectile dysfunction. Modern pills like Viagra can even be used for this purpose.
When a man reaches orgasm before he desires, it is called premature ejaculation. It is a problem when the individual wants to stay erect for a longer time and is unable to satisfy his partner. There are two primary and secondary stages identified by many sexologists:
- If the person has this issue since he has been sexually active, it is primary premature ejaculation.
- If this condition is developed after having successful past sexual encounters without any issues, it is a secondary premature ejaculation.
Causes: this condition occurs when there is performance anxiety or jitteriness along with the glans penis being oversensitive. This condition is also directly linked erectile dysfunction in men. Therefore, the treatment plan must primarily focus on erectile dysfunction.
Treatment: There are various methods tjat can be used for the treatment. Some of them are:
- Regular exercise
- Pranayama Aasana, yoga and deep breathing exercises
- Kegel exercise
- Herbal remedies which contains ancient Himalayan herb shilajit
- Herbs supplements and herbal remedies
- Neo (a gentle and natural way of managing premature ejaculation)
- Vigomax forte (natural Aphrodisiac for the males)
Kamagra is used for treatment of ED in men. Kamagra increases the body`s ability to achieve and maintain an erection during sexual stimulation.
10mg x 120 Tabs
Cialis is the newest entrant in the group of anti-impotency drugs prescribed for Erectile Dysfunction (ED) treatment.
20mg x 40 tabs
Brand Cialis is a medicine taken by mouth for the treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED) in men.
20mg x 120 Tabs
Cialis Professional is an extra-strength medicine for treatment of ED in men. It starts acting faster and the effect lasts longer that with regular Cialis.
Propecia is a pill used for the treatment of male pattern hair loss on the vertex (top of head) and anterior mid-scalp area (middle front of head).
Proscar is used alone or in combination with other medications to treat benign prostatic hypertrophy. Proscar improves symptoms of BPH.