4 Healthy, Creamy, Coconut Beverages to Indulge In
If you're at all like me, than some of your favorite beverages are heavy in things like whole cream and whipped cream. These fatty dairy products, while not innately bad for you, can become too much of a good thing very quickly - especially if you are the type to drink multiple creamy beverages in a day. It's always nice to have some easy to make, health conscious alternatives on hand. As an added bonus these drinks are tasty both hot and cold and all only use 4 ingredients.
Natural coconut water contains very few calories, as well as very little fat, no cholesterol, and most importantly, is quite a good source of magnesium, potassium, calcium, vitamin c and many other beneficial minerals and vitamins. Coconut milk is also a great source of protein, good fats, vitamins B, C, E and fiber, as well as a great many other vitamins and minerals.
So here are 4 creamy, seasonal coconut beverages that can be drunk hot or cold!
Winter: Coconut &Cinnamon
- 4oz Coconut Milk
- 4oz Coconut Water
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 1tsp Honey
In a glass large enough to comfortably hold 8oz of liquid, mix the 4oz of coconut milk and 4oz of coconut water. Add the ? tsp of cinnamon and 1tsp of honey (preferably raw honey). Stir thoroughly or until the honey is dissolved. If cold beverage is desired than pour over ice, if hot beverage is desired than heat gently on stovetop or in the microwave.
Spring: Coconut & Watermelon
- 2oz Coconut Milk
- 5oz Watermelon Juice
- 1oz Lime Juice
- 1tsp Honey
In a glass large enough to comfortably hold 8oz of liquid, mix the 2oz of coconut milk, the 5oz of watermelon juice and the 1oz of lime juice. Then add in the 1tsp of honey. Additional honey may be added if you would prefer. Stir thoroughly or until honey has dissolved. Add ice. If hot beverage is desired, heat gently on stovetop or in microwave.
Fall: Coconut & Carrot
- 2oz Coconut Water
- 4oz Carrot Juice
- 2oz Apple Juice
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
In a glass large enough to comfortably hold 8oz of liquid, mix the 4oz of carrot juice, 2oz of coconut water and 2oz apple juice. Add in the ? tsp of nutmeg. Mix thoroughly. Heat gently on a stovetop or in a microwave if a hotbeverage is desired, or pour over ice if a cold beverage is desired.
Summer: Coconut & Grapefruit
- 2oz Coconut Milk
- 4oz Grapefruit Juice
- 2oz Green Tea
- ½ tsp Honey
In a glass large enough to comfortably hold 8oz of liquid, mix the 2oz of coconut milk, 4oz of grapefruit juice and 2oz of green tea. Add the ? tsp of honey. Stir thoroughly or until the honey is dissolved. Pour over ice for a cold beverage or gently heat on a stovetop or in the microwave for a hot beverage.
With these seasonal favorites you should be ready to indulge in all the creamy, coconut goodness you could ever want. Enjoy!
Health Information Articles
- Cancer of the Pancreas
- Causes of Breast Cancer and its Treatment
- Down Syndrome
- Folic Acid to Prevent Autism, Side Effect of Antiepileptic Drugs
- How to Get Rid of Aphids
- Nasal Polyps
- Klinefelter Syndrome (X Chromosome)
- A Key to Prevent Osteoarthritis
- 4 Healthy, Creamy, Coconut Beverages to Indulge In
- Causes of Pressure Build-up behind the Eyes
- Alleviate Asthma By Treating Eczema
- Carbs Causing Trouble for Patients Having Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Deaths caused by Fentanyl Overdoses Double in One Year
- Brain Tumours In Men - Diagnostics And Treatments
- All about Adenovirus
- Can Stress Cause Acid Reflux?
- A Popular Prostate Drug Could Lead to Serious Side Effects
- HeartBurn Medicines and Risk of Deaths
- Deep Brain Simulations And Higher Survival Rate For Parkinson's Disease Patients
- A New Treatment Can Relieve Childhood Eczema and Asthma
- Asthma Drug Could Be a Potential Drug for Treating Aortic Aneurysm
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Parkinson`S Effect On The Gut
- Hepatitis B
- Optimize Cholesterol Level
- Lump Isn’t Always the First Sign of Breast Cancer
- Calcium And Vitamin D Supplements Do Not Help In Lowering Risk Of Bone Fracture
- A Simple Molecule Can Help in Overcoming Pre-Diabetes
- Bone Repair Process Trigger Through Nanophenomenon
- Blood Sodium Levels Impacts Cognition in Late Adulthood
- Cervical Spondylosis
- Enzyme’s Role in Burning Calories during Dieting and Obesity
- Calcium Pills May Facilitate Artery Build-up
- Benign Fasciculation Syndrome And Causes
- Certain Genes Can Help Bladder Cancer And Its Treatment
- Botox Injections Could Help With Migraine Pain in Children and Adolescents
- Supervised Injection Facilities to Help In Reducing Overdose Deaths
- Study Suggest There is a Role of Vitamin D3 to Heal or Prevent Cardiovascular Injuries
- Virus Ebola
- Antiemetic Drugs - Types and Side Effects
- Drugs To Reduce Harmfully Fat Cells
- Diabetic Foot Ulcers and Its Impact
- Have We Invited Our Suffering?
- According To Scientists, The Flavours Of E-Cigarette Are Toxic To The White Blood Cells
- Birth Control Pills Enhance the Risk of Breast Cancer
- Commonly Used Heartburn Medications Liked to Kidney Trouble
- Better Anti-Thrombotic Medication Target Identified
- Antioxidants Might Not Curb Dementia
- Does Asthma Have A Cure?
- New Drug Could Help In Fighting TB
- How to ease the Side Effects of ADHD Drugs in Adults
- Association Between Five Vascular Diseases And A Common Single Genetic Variant
- Melanoma Survival And Impact Of Existing Drugs
- Home Remedies for Hemorrhoids!
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Prevention of Osteopenia!