Certain Genes Can Help Bladder Cancer And Its Treatment
The bladder is a hollow organ in our body and is also known as urinary bladder. It is situated mostly behind the pubic bones of the pelvis. It collects the urine that drains from the kidney through tube-like structures known as the ureters. The muscular wall of the bladder then contracts to expel urine out of the body through the urinary passage. In most cases, if the patient has bladder cancer blood in the urine is the most common symptoms. It should be noted that blood in urine may be caused by many factors, hence it is important that you should consult a doctor for further checks.
With the increasing number of cases of bladder cancer, researchers have started looking for answers and ways to remove this cancer. During one of these studies, the researchers discovered the genetic details of the most common form of bladder cancer. The scientists believe that it can help with better ways to treat this cancer. In this study, the researchers looked at non-invasive bladder cancer tumors. These tumors form in the lining of the bladder and do not spread to the bladder muscle. As per a leading health report, there are almost 10000 new cases of bladder cancer which are diagnosed every year in the United Kingdom alone. More than 50% of these cancer cases are non-invasive.
Currently, all the cases of bladder cancer are treated similarly, however, the doctors and the scientists believe that by understanding the genetic mutation involved in these cancerous cells, a better and targeted therapy can be provided to the patients. It is already known that the vulnerability in the cancer cells is of a certain genetic subtype. The researchers are trying to develop a certain experimental compound which can work on this vulnerability and help come up with a drug which will kill the cancer cells. In most of the cases, the tumors are not life-threatening, however, they can cause unrest and would require patients to go through invasive and repeated surgery since they tend to reoccur.
With the improved ability to target a specific molecular feature, the doctors are looking at the better approach to the therapy and treatment and also better management of the disease in the future. It was also found that in most of the tumors the genetic mutations disrupted the tumor suppressor genes. These genes prevent cancers in the patients. The flaws in the genetics are actually not inherited but they are formed through the lifestyle choices and other environmental factors such as smoking and drinking alcohol. The doctors believe that the personalized treatment can go a long way in treating the bladder cancer and can be an exciting aspect of the cancer research. This is also helpful because the patients can be given specific treatment and they will have a better success rate. Also, this will help avoid prescribing unnecessary treatment which can have more side effects on the quality of the life of the patients.
Health Information Articles
- Deaths caused by Fentanyl Overdoses Double in One Year
- Brain Tumours In Men - Diagnostics And Treatments
- All about Adenovirus
- Can Stress Cause Acid Reflux?
- A Popular Prostate Drug Could Lead to Serious Side Effects
- HeartBurn Medicines and Risk of Deaths
- Deep Brain Simulations And Higher Survival Rate For Parkinson's Disease Patients
- A New Treatment Can Relieve Childhood Eczema and Asthma
- Asthma Drug Could Be a Potential Drug for Treating Aortic Aneurysm
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Parkinson`S Effect On The Gut
- Hepatitis B
- Optimize Cholesterol Level
- Lump Isn’t Always the First Sign of Breast Cancer
- Calcium And Vitamin D Supplements Do Not Help In Lowering Risk Of Bone Fracture
- A Simple Molecule Can Help in Overcoming Pre-Diabetes
- Bone Repair Process Trigger Through Nanophenomenon
- Blood Sodium Levels Impacts Cognition in Late Adulthood
- Cervical Spondylosis
- Enzyme’s Role in Burning Calories during Dieting and Obesity
- Calcium Pills May Facilitate Artery Build-up
- Benign Fasciculation Syndrome And Causes
- Certain Genes Can Help Bladder Cancer And Its Treatment
- Botox Injections Could Help With Migraine Pain in Children and Adolescents
- Supervised Injection Facilities to Help In Reducing Overdose Deaths
- Study Suggest There is a Role of Vitamin D3 to Heal or Prevent Cardiovascular Injuries
- Virus Ebola
- Antiemetic Drugs - Types and Side Effects
- Drugs To Reduce Harmfully Fat Cells
- Diabetic Foot Ulcers and Its Impact
- Have We Invited Our Suffering?
- According To Scientists, The Flavours Of E-Cigarette Are Toxic To The White Blood Cells
- Birth Control Pills Enhance the Risk of Breast Cancer
- Commonly Used Heartburn Medications Liked to Kidney Trouble
- Better Anti-Thrombotic Medication Target Identified
- Antioxidants Might Not Curb Dementia
- Does Asthma Have A Cure?
- New Drug Could Help In Fighting TB
- How to ease the Side Effects of ADHD Drugs in Adults
- Association Between Five Vascular Diseases And A Common Single Genetic Variant
- Melanoma Survival And Impact Of Existing Drugs
- Home Remedies for Hemorrhoids!
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Prevention of Osteopenia!