Home Remedies For Acid Reflux In Babies
Acid reflux is a problem which affects a lot of adults, however,it can affect the infants as well.The only problem is that infants have a problem in expressing it. You need to look out for certain indications which may point to acid reflux in babies. If your baby vomits after meal or refuses the breast or screams when laid on his back or has a sour breath or is not gaining weight, it may point to the effects of acid reflux.
We need to understand that all babies have a certain level of acid reflux as their digestive system is less developed. The esophagus may be underdeveloped and may open up multiple times, leading to acid flowing back up the throat and causing the burning sensation and pain. Now in most cases, doctors can diagnose the condition looking at the symptoms, however, in some cases, they can also suggest for a blood test, ultrasound, pH probe, Barium Swallow or Upper GI Endoscopy. Most of these tests can be of more problem than a solution, hence it may be best to use the conventional methods.
We will now look at some of the most common home remedies which can help the babies.
Since most babies with acid reflux symptoms will have problem while sleeping hence, make sure that we take care of it all time. It is important that we elevate the baby when they are asleep as it can prevent the acid from flowing back to the baby`s throat You can elevate the baby by keeping a towel under his head. Also, making them sleep on the left side can help clear the acid. It is advised never to feed the baby while it is laid down. You should also hold the baby upright for atleast 30 mins after feeding them.
It has also been noted that the regular message of the infant can help better the respiratory and digestive system. You should put the baby in lying position and apply some coconut oil or olive oil and massage the stomach and the back gently for 2-3 minutes.
Helping the baby do some exercise daily can help improve digestion of the babies. You can put the baby in lying position and perform the exercise such as bicycle legs or knee pushing.Do this for 10 minutes multiple times a day. Also, make sure that you do not feed the baby immediately after or before the exercise. This activity will target gas or bloating in the babies.
Apple Cider Vinegar
It is a great remedy for infants suffering from acid reflux. It helps balance the level of acid in the stomach of the babies. It leads to better food digestion and stops any throw ups. It also increases the immune system of the child and prevents any frequent illness. You can add ¼ teaspoon of the vinegar to a glass of water and give 2-3 spoonfuls of it regularly.
Chamomile is a natural answer for acid reflux. It helps improve digestion. Boil ½ spoon of chamomile flowers in water and cool it down. Let the baby have 1 to 2 spoons throughout the day.
Health Information Articles
- Discovery Of Thyroid Cancer Gene
- How to Deal With Chronic Heartburn
- Cancer Vaccines and Cure
- Aggressive Treatments Are Best For High Blood Pressure
- Home Remedies For Fistula in Mouth
- Molecules Can Cause Weight Gain during Middle Age, Scientists Say
- Chocolate Can Be Helpful in Preventing Irregular Heartbeat
- Preventive Measures for Dental Caries
- What is Plague Psoriasis?
- Common Painkillers May Increase Risk of Cardiac Arrest
- Exploding Head Syndrome: Seeing Light, Hearing Crashes
- Antipsychotic Medication Haloperidol
- Common Discomforts During Pregnancy And Their Way-Outs!
- Home Remedies for Obesity
- Drugs for Common Form of Vision Loss
- Cancer Cases Linked to Weight in US
- What Is Meant By Dementia?
- Combat Cold and Flu This Year
- Natural Treatment For Goose Egg
- Foreign Accent Syndrome
- ADHD in Adults and Dementia
- Abdominal Bloating
- How to Get a Fast Neck Pain Relief at Home
- Swine Flu
- Now Remove The Face Fat Easily!
- How to Treat Migraines?
- Chronic Dry Eye
- Anti-epileptic Medication Keppra
- Home Remedies for Constipation
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Naprosyn: Drug Uses, Dosage & Side Effects
- How To Get Rid Of Chafing Naturally!
- Back Pain Or A Sciatica Pain?
- Crohn’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- What Does Aspirin Do?
- Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva
- Keep A Check On Your Cholesterol By The Following Methods!
- Natural Ways To Treat Mucocele (Mucous Cyst)
- How To Get Rid Of Clogged Ears
- Heart Strokes Among Men
- How To Get Rid Of Blisters On Face
- Common Problems Faced During the Winter Season
- Natural vs. Albuterol, What Is Best To Treat Asthma?
- Birt-Hogg-Dube Syndrome
- Effects of Domestic Violence and Inequality on Child's Mental Health
- How to Prevent High Blood Pressure?
- Home Remedies for Impetigo
- Major Branches of Pharmacology
- Home Remedies For Acid Reflux In Babies