Home Remedies for Impetigo
Impetigo is a bacterial skin infection that affects the face, neck, legs and arms. It is caused by staphylococcus aureus as well as streptococcus pyogenes. It is a highly contagious infection.
The bacteria gain an entry into the body through breaks like cuts, injuries, insect bites, et al or via the skin damaged by eczema or scabies.
Impetigo can be of different kinds like bullous impetigo, ecythma or impetigo contagiosa.
Impetigo, most commonly affects infants and young children but, it could happen to anyone. It could be due to warm weather, poor hygiene, or other skin infections, diabetes, dermatitis or due to poor immunity.
The symptoms of infection are red sores that pop up easily, pustules bursting to form honey- colored crust, fluid filled blisters, rashes, itchiness, swollen lymph nodes and skin lesions.
If the infection is mild, it can be corrected by home remedies and good hygiene but, for severe infection, you need to consult a doctor.
1. White Vinegar
One of the best remedies for white vinegar is white vinegar. It can be used to clean the affected area as keeping the affected area is clean promotes healing. It helps in arresting the spread of infection and drying the affected area.
To prepare your white vinegar antibiotic wash:
- Take a tablespoon of white distilled vinegar.
- Mix it in two cups of lukewarm water.
- Wash the affected area with this solution using a cotton ball
- Pat dry the area and apply antibiotic ointment
- Apply a gauze
- Repeat this process twice or thrice
2. Grapefruit Seed Extract
GSE or Grapefruit Seed Extract has antibacterial as well as antioxidant properties. It is an effective non- toxic disinfectant.
Take a few drops of grapefruit seed extract and add two tablespoons of water. Apply this solution on the infected area using a cotton ball. Repeat this two to three times daily. In the beginning, it will lead to itching.
GSE supplements are also effective.
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is great for skin and also, it is great for a skin infection. It has anti-bacterial, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory properties. It also has strong skin-repairing properties. It also boosts immunity.
Take a clean leaf of aloe vera and extract the gel. Apply it on the affected area. Let it stay for about half an hour. Perform this remedy two to three times regularly for about a week.
Cut open a fresh aloe vera leaf and extract the inner gel. Apply it directly on the affected skin and leave it on at least for 30 minutes. Reapply 2 or 3 times daily for a week.
Garlic is an effective remedy for impetigo. It has bactericidal properties. Also, it helps in relieving pain and itchiness.
Heat two tablespoon sesame oil. Take two to three minced garlic cloves. Fry them in the oil. Let it cool and then strain the oil. Apply this oil on the affected area one or two times a day for some days.
Add garlic to try including garlic in your diet. You can also take garlic supplements.
5. Take a healthy diet
Citrus fruits and fresh vegetables help in dealing with impetigo. Eat vegetables and fruits rich in antioxidants. Drink apple juice. Take omega- 3 fatty acids. Drink a lot of water. And avoid fried food and refined sugar.
Health Information Articles
- Discovery Of Thyroid Cancer Gene
- How to Deal With Chronic Heartburn
- Cancer Vaccines and Cure
- Aggressive Treatments Are Best For High Blood Pressure
- Home Remedies For Fistula in Mouth
- Molecules Can Cause Weight Gain during Middle Age, Scientists Say
- Chocolate Can Be Helpful in Preventing Irregular Heartbeat
- Preventive Measures for Dental Caries
- What is Plague Psoriasis?
- Common Painkillers May Increase Risk of Cardiac Arrest
- Exploding Head Syndrome: Seeing Light, Hearing Crashes
- Antipsychotic Medication Haloperidol
- Common Discomforts During Pregnancy And Their Way-Outs!
- Home Remedies for Obesity
- Drugs for Common Form of Vision Loss
- Cancer Cases Linked to Weight in US
- What Is Meant By Dementia?
- Combat Cold and Flu This Year
- Natural Treatment For Goose Egg
- Foreign Accent Syndrome
- ADHD in Adults and Dementia
- Abdominal Bloating
- How to Get a Fast Neck Pain Relief at Home
- Swine Flu
- Now Remove The Face Fat Easily!
- How to Treat Migraines?
- Chronic Dry Eye
- Anti-epileptic Medication Keppra
- Home Remedies for Constipation
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Naprosyn: Drug Uses, Dosage & Side Effects
- How To Get Rid Of Chafing Naturally!
- Back Pain Or A Sciatica Pain?
- Crohn’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- What Does Aspirin Do?
- Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva
- Keep A Check On Your Cholesterol By The Following Methods!
- Natural Ways To Treat Mucocele (Mucous Cyst)
- How To Get Rid Of Clogged Ears
- Heart Strokes Among Men
- How To Get Rid Of Blisters On Face
- Common Problems Faced During the Winter Season
- Natural vs. Albuterol, What Is Best To Treat Asthma?
- Birt-Hogg-Dube Syndrome
- Effects of Domestic Violence and Inequality on Child's Mental Health
- How to Prevent High Blood Pressure?
- Home Remedies for Impetigo
- Major Branches of Pharmacology
- Home Remedies For Acid Reflux In Babies