How to ease the Side Effects of ADHD Drugs in Adults
Adults suffering from ADHD are treated with stimulant or non-stimulant medicines to bring their focus and concentration back in track. But, both kinds of those medications to treat ADHD have mild or severe side effects depending on the individual. Here are a few tips to come over the possible side effects of ADHD drugs:
Common Side Effects and How to ease with:
Taking medicines just after food or with food would reduce the tendency of feeling nauseous. If it is scheduled in the morning take it after breakfast or something you like to eat in the morning.
- Losing appetite
This is a common side effect of certain drugs. Do not ever skip meals or food while on medication. This can lead to lower your blood sugar level. If you lose appetite and feel uneasy to take large meals at a twice a day try to have it in small quantity but more in times. Include protein shakes and dine late in the evening till the medicine worn completely off.
Taking your medicines in empty stomach or getting it in dehydrated condition causes headache. Try to have food and plenty of water before medications or consult your doctor to re-schedule the timings of doses.
- Dry mouth
Drink enough of fluids through fruit juices or water. You can also use lozenges if it is permitted by your doctor.
Fluctuating blood pressure level and overdose of medicines might be the possible cause of dizziness. Check it with your physician to re-order the doses if needed.
At start with ADHD medications sometimes let you be tense and cranky. But, the side effect may fade out in due course. If moodiness persist for a long time you may have to change the medicine or adjust the doses. You should consult your doctor at the earliest.
- Trouble sleeping
Certain medications have stimulus effect and in turn you can feel hard to sleep. Take your medicine as early as possible to worn out its effect before you go to bed. But, if it is a sustained release medicine, the tips of taking it earlier wont work. Consult your doctor to prescribe a medicine that release faster than the present one. Avoid intake of caffeine through coffee, tea or other beverages. Live a calmer and comfortable life. Listening light solo non-rhythmic music like flute etc or reading books is the best way to turn you cool at bed. Do not spend much time with TV or Computers before you are going to bed at night.
Some habits you had in your childhood like to make repeated movements or sounds may be surfaced during the therapy with certain medicines. It is a secondary side effect that was underlying within you. Take your conscious time to handle it. It may fade out over time. If not consult your doctor.
These therapy with ADHD medication is still practiced in trial and error method. Some patient response better with some medicines and some are not. Let your doctors have some time to try it. Don’t be impatience. You should discuss with your doctor about your previous medical history. Let him know all the issues you might have like heat disease, mental health issues, high blood pressure or sugar, addictions etc. to treat you better.
Health Information Articles
- All about Adenovirus
- Can Stress Cause Acid Reflux?
- A Popular Prostate Drug Could Lead to Serious Side Effects
- HeartBurn Medicines and Risk of Deaths
- Deep Brain Simulations And Higher Survival Rate For Parkinson's Disease Patients
- A New Treatment Can Relieve Childhood Eczema and Asthma
- Asthma Drug Could Be a Potential Drug for Treating Aortic Aneurysm
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Parkinson`S Effect On The Gut
- Hepatitis B
- Optimize Cholesterol Level
- Lump Isn’t Always the First Sign of Breast Cancer
- Calcium And Vitamin D Supplements Do Not Help In Lowering Risk Of Bone Fracture
- A Simple Molecule Can Help in Overcoming Pre-Diabetes
- Bone Repair Process Trigger Through Nanophenomenon
- Blood Sodium Levels Impacts Cognition in Late Adulthood
- Cervical Spondylosis
- Enzyme’s Role in Burning Calories during Dieting and Obesity
- Calcium Pills May Facilitate Artery Build-up
- Benign Fasciculation Syndrome And Causes
- Certain Genes Can Help Bladder Cancer And Its Treatment
- Botox Injections Could Help With Migraine Pain in Children and Adolescents
- Supervised Injection Facilities to Help In Reducing Overdose Deaths
- Study Suggest There is a Role of Vitamin D3 to Heal or Prevent Cardiovascular Injuries
- Virus Ebola
- Antiemetic Drugs - Types and Side Effects
- Drugs To Reduce Harmfully Fat Cells
- Diabetic Foot Ulcers and Its Impact
- Have We Invited Our Suffering?
- According To Scientists, The Flavours Of E-Cigarette Are Toxic To The White Blood Cells
- Birth Control Pills Enhance the Risk of Breast Cancer
- Commonly Used Heartburn Medications Liked to Kidney Trouble
- Better Anti-Thrombotic Medication Target Identified
- Antioxidants Might Not Curb Dementia
- Does Asthma Have A Cure?
- New Drug Could Help In Fighting TB
- How to ease the Side Effects of ADHD Drugs in Adults
- Association Between Five Vascular Diseases And A Common Single Genetic Variant
- Melanoma Survival And Impact Of Existing Drugs
- Home Remedies for Hemorrhoids!
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Prevention of Osteopenia!