How to Prevent High Blood Pressure?
In the event that you have got severe high blood pressure, it is a normal thing that you will be hesitant to take up medications and prescription drugs to curb the disease. High blood pressure is essentially a lifestyle problem and there are various ways by which you can improve your lifestyle habits and get rid of the high blood pressure. It has also been seen that, once you are successfully able to bring down the blood pressure levels with good lifestyle habits, you will not require any kind of prescription drugs or medications, any time in the future.
In this article, we are going to discuss some of the major overhauls which you should bring in your lifestyle habits in order to keep your blood pressure under normal conditions.
Shed Those Extra Kilos
Obesity is one of the few lifestyle culprits which is responsible for a host of lifestyle diseases. Be it diabetes, high blood pressure, heart attacks or various sexual problems such as erectile dysfunction; obesity plays a very important role in each one of them. It has been seen that high blood pressure is directly related to your increasing weight and it keeps on increasing as your weight increases. Obesity also causes numerous problems related to breathing during your sleep and due to this, your blood pressure levels shoot up, even higher.
Hit the Gym
Physical exercises are one of the most efficient weapons to fight off the lifestyle problems, and high blood pressure too, is not an exception. It has been seen that by practicing various physical exercises on a daily basis, you can bring down your blood pressure levels by a considerable amount. It is so helpful that with a mere 30 minutes of workout a day, you can reduce your blood pressure by a whopping 5-10 mm of mercury. However, do keep in mind that if you are not regular and consistent, the entire regime may backfire and you might get higher blood pressure levels. According to various physicians, the best exercises for the individuals with high blood pressure are walking, cycling, cross-terrain running, dancing and swimming.
Keep an Eye on Your Diet
Maintaining a balanced and proper diet can reduce various lifestyle problems to great extent. Avoid all the junk foods and try to include more green vegetables, fruits and whole grains in your diet. These food items give adequate amount of vitamins and proteins for the proper functioning of the metabolism and these food products do not contain any sort of saturated fats, which keeps your body weight in a certain limit. It has been found that by maintaining a proper diet, you can reduce your blood pressure by approximately 15 mm of mercury.
Apart from these, you can follow some simple steps to keep a check on your macros and diet:
Maintain a Dedicated Food Diary: Try to maintain a dedicated food diary and write down each and every meal which you have consumed in the entire day. It will help you to monitor your eating habits, the quantity which you consume and the time at which you consume it.
Increase Potassium Level in your Diet: Potassium acts as an obstruction for the blood pressure levels and increased amounts of potassium in your diet ensures the low level of blood pressure in your body. Fruits and green vegetables are one of the best sources of potassium and you should increase the quantity of these in your diet.
Health Information Articles
- Discovery Of Thyroid Cancer Gene
- How to Deal With Chronic Heartburn
- Cancer Vaccines and Cure
- Aggressive Treatments Are Best For High Blood Pressure
- Home Remedies For Fistula in Mouth
- Molecules Can Cause Weight Gain during Middle Age, Scientists Say
- Chocolate Can Be Helpful in Preventing Irregular Heartbeat
- Preventive Measures for Dental Caries
- What is Plague Psoriasis?
- Common Painkillers May Increase Risk of Cardiac Arrest
- Exploding Head Syndrome: Seeing Light, Hearing Crashes
- Antipsychotic Medication Haloperidol
- Common Discomforts During Pregnancy And Their Way-Outs!
- Home Remedies for Obesity
- Drugs for Common Form of Vision Loss
- Cancer Cases Linked to Weight in US
- What Is Meant By Dementia?
- Combat Cold and Flu This Year
- Natural Treatment For Goose Egg
- Foreign Accent Syndrome
- ADHD in Adults and Dementia
- Abdominal Bloating
- How to Get a Fast Neck Pain Relief at Home
- Swine Flu
- Now Remove The Face Fat Easily!
- How to Treat Migraines?
- Chronic Dry Eye
- Anti-epileptic Medication Keppra
- Home Remedies for Constipation
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Naprosyn: Drug Uses, Dosage & Side Effects
- How To Get Rid Of Chafing Naturally!
- Back Pain Or A Sciatica Pain?
- Crohn’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- What Does Aspirin Do?
- Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva
- Keep A Check On Your Cholesterol By The Following Methods!
- Natural Ways To Treat Mucocele (Mucous Cyst)
- How To Get Rid Of Clogged Ears
- Heart Strokes Among Men
- How To Get Rid Of Blisters On Face
- Common Problems Faced During the Winter Season
- Natural vs. Albuterol, What Is Best To Treat Asthma?
- Birt-Hogg-Dube Syndrome
- Effects of Domestic Violence and Inequality on Child's Mental Health
- How to Prevent High Blood Pressure?
- Home Remedies for Impetigo
- Major Branches of Pharmacology
- Home Remedies For Acid Reflux In Babies