Buy Advair Diskus Online
Advair Diskus is primarily used as a maintenance therapy to control symptoms and prevent asthma attacks or COPD exacerbations. It is not a rescue inhaler and should not be used for immediate relief during an acute asthma or COPD attack.
The medication is delivered through a device called the Diskus, which is a breath-activated inhaler. The Diskus contains foil blister packs with the powdered medication. When the Diskus is opened and a dose is taken, the patient inhales the powder through the mouthpiece.
How to use
To use Advair Diskus, follow these general instructions:
- Hold the Diskus in a horizontal position with the mouthpiece facing towards you. Slide the lever away from you until it clicks to open the Diskus.
- Breathe out fully, away from the Diskus, to empty your lungs.
- Place the mouthpiece between your lips and close your lips tightly around it. Do not block the air vents with your fingers or tongue.
- Inhale rapidly and deeply through your mouth, while simultaneously pressing down firmly on the lever until you hear a click. This releases the medication.
- Continue to breathe in slowly and deeply, even after you have finished pressing the lever. This helps ensure that the medication reaches deep into your lungs.
- Hold your breath for about 10 seconds or as long as is comfortable, then remove the Diskus from your mouth.
- Breathe out slowly and gently away from the Diskus.
- Close the Diskus by sliding the lever back towards you until it clicks. This protects the remaining medication and keeps the Diskus ready for your next use.
Remember, these instructions are a general guideline. It is important to consult the provided instructions that come with your Advair Diskus for specific usage guidance. If you have any concerns or questions about using Advair Diskus, it is advisable to consult a healthcare professional for proper guidance and supervision.
The dosage of Advair Diskus can vary depending on the individual's condition, age, and the severity of their symptoms. The medication is available in different strengths, which are measured in micrograms (mcg) of fluticasone propionate and salmeterol. The typical recommended dosages for adults and adolescents (12 years and older) are as follows:
- For patients not adequately controlled on an inhaled corticosteroid: The usual dosage is 100 mcg/50 mcg or 250 mcg/50 mcg (fluticasone propionate/salmeterol) twice daily.
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD):
- The usual dosage is 250 mcg/50 mcg twice daily.
It's important to note that the specific dosage and frequency may differ based on individual circumstances, so it is essential to follow the instructions provided by your healthcare professional or the prescription label.
Do not adjust the dosage or stop using Advair Diskus without consulting your healthcare provider. They will consider your specific needs and may adjust the dosage based on your response to the medication and any potential side effects.
Always consult a healthcare professional for personalized advice and guidance regarding your specific condition and the appropriate dosage of Advair Diskus.
Advair Diskus may cause certain side effects. While not everyone experiences these side effects, it's important to be aware of them. Common side effects of Advair Diskus include:
- Throat irritation: You may experience irritation, dryness, or a hoarse voice. Rinsing your mouth with water after each use can help minimize this side effect.
- Headache: Some individuals may experience mild to moderate headaches while using Advair Diskus. Drinking plenty of water and rest can often help alleviate this symptom.
- Fungal infections: There is a risk of developing a yeast infection in the mouth or throat (oral candidiasis). It is important to rinse your mouth with water and spit it out after using Advair Diskus to reduce the chances of developing a fungal infection. If you notice white patches in your mouth or experience persistent sore throat or difficulty swallowing, seek medical attention.
- Bronchospasm: In rare cases, Advair Diskus may paradoxically cause breathing difficulties, chest tightness, or wheezing. If you experience these symptoms, seek immediate medical attention.
- Systemic effects: As with any inhaled corticosteroid, Advair Diskus may have potential systemic effects, such as adrenal suppression, reduced bone mineral density, and an increased risk of cataracts or glaucoma. These effects are more likely to occur with long-term use at high doses.
It's important to discuss any concerns or persistent side effects with your healthcare provider. They can provide further guidance and determine if any adjustments to your medication are necessary. Remember to follow the prescribed dosage and instructions for Advair Diskus use to minimize the likelihood of side effects.
When it comes to storing Advair Diskus, it's important to follow the recommended guidelines to maintain the medication's effectiveness and ensure its safety. Here are the storage instructions for Advair Diskus:
- Keep Advair Diskus in its original packaging until you are ready to use it. The packaging is designed to protect the medication from light, moisture, and other environmental factors.
- Store Advair Diskus at room temperature, typically between 68°F (20°C) and 77°F (25°C).
- Avoid exposing Advair Diskus to extreme temperatures, such as freezing or excessive heat. Do not store it in the refrigerator.
- Keep the Diskus dry. Store it in a dry place away from moisture and humidity, such as a bathroom cabinet or the kitchen sink.
- Keep Advair Diskus out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not use Advair Diskus after the expiration date printed on the packaging. Expired medication may not be as effective and could potentially be harmful.
- If you have any unused or expired Advair Diskus, dispose of it properly according to local regulations or consult a healthcare professional for guidance on proper disposal methods.
Remember, it's essential to store Advair Diskus properly to maintain its quality and ensure its effectiveness. If you have any specific concerns or questions about storing your medication, it's always best to consult your healthcare provider or pharmacist for guidance.
An overdose of Advair Diskus can be potentially harmful and should be avoided. If you suspect an overdose or have accidentally taken more than the prescribed dosage, it is important to seek immediate medical attention.
Symptoms of an Advair Diskus overdose may include:
- Shakiness or tremors
- Increased heart rate or palpitations
- Chest pain
- Nervousness or anxiety
- Muscle cramps
- Flushing or redness of the face
It is crucial to follow the prescribed dosage and usage instructions provided by your healthcare provider. If you have any concerns about your medication or dosage, it is advisable to consult with your healthcare provider for clarification and guidance. In case of an accidental overdose, contact your local poison control center or go to the nearest emergency room for immediate medical assistance.
If you miss a dose of Advair Diskus, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not double the dose to make up for the missed one.
It's important to maintain a consistent dosing schedule with Advair Diskus to effectively manage your symptoms. Missing doses can reduce the medication's effectiveness in controlling your asthma or COPD symptoms and may increase the risk of exacerbations.
If you frequently forget to take your doses or have difficulty adhering to the prescribed schedule, it is recommended to discuss this with your healthcare provider. They can provide strategies or alternative treatment options to help you stay on track with your medication regimen.Remember, never adjust your dosing schedule or make changes to your treatment plan without consulting your healthcare provider first. They are best equipped to provide personalized advice based on your specific condition and needs.